Community Health Workers*
Lay Health Educator Manual (PDF)
This 64-page lay health educator manual was developed the MaineGeneral Health Move More program. The Move More program focuses specifically on advocating for physical activity including encouraging people to be active and increasing the availability of community resources for physical activity in this rural, cold weather setting.
This manual is designed to be a guide for implementing lay health educator interventions and training educators for settings and program models similar to Maine's Move More project. The manual includes policies and procedures, change models of particular importance, sample forms, and information about exercise. Specifics should be tailored to your own site.
Author site: MaineGeneral Health I 2005
- For more program management & implementation materials: Click here
- For other tools related to staff training and methods: Click here
- For other tools related to general program administration: Click here
- For other tools related to physical activity: Click here
- For other tools related to community health workers*: Go back
*Community health workers (including lay health workers, lay health educators, promotoras and coaches)